Tips and Tricks
- How do I go to a particular Wires-X room with my radio?
- NOTE: You will need to know the 5-digit Wires-X room number for the room you want to connect to before doing this.
- If you prefer watching a video, then click HERE
- Connect to a Wires-X node by pressing F button, then the AMS button. You will hear four rising tones when the radio successfully connects to Wires-X
- Use the round selector knob on the top of the radio to scroll to the Enter screen (It has an En displayed and a * followed by some dots
- Use the numbers keys to enter the room number
- Press the AMS button
- If successful, you will hear the four rising tones and the word CONNECT will display
- How do I add a favorite Wires-X room to the radio’s memory?
- Use the steps above to connect to a Wires-X node and the room you wish to save to memory
- Use the knob on top of the radio to switch screen to display Cn
- Decide which memory you want to use (1-5)
- Long press that number (1, 2, 3, 4, or 5) to store it to that memory slot
- You will hear a beep to confirm it is saved
- How do I check my radio’s firmware versions?
- That information is menu item 59/VER.INF
- Press and hold the F key
- Rotate dial knob to select menu item 59/VER.INF
- Press F. The firmware version appears
- Use the knob on top of the radio to scroll between the CPU version and the DSP version.
- The current version (as of 2/17/20) is 1.11.
- Current user manual and firmware are at: https://www.yaesu.com/indexVS.cfm?cmd=DisplayProducts&ProdCatID=249&encProdID=7CDB93B02164B1FB036530FBD7D37F1A&DivisionID=65&isArchived=0
- For radios in the US, you need the version that is labeled USA.